Monday, April 18, 2011

Final Paper Tip #2

A reminder:
Quotes get "quotation marks."
Book titles, film titles and television series titles are italicized.
Television episode titles are in "quotation marks."

Author Jerry Beck asserted that "G.I. Joe was a milestone yet to be surpassed," (Fake 283) while noted fan Tim Finn devoted an entire chapter of his book G.I. Joe and Me to the supposition that the 1996 series GI Joe Extreme was indeed superior to its 1983 counterpart.

And short quotations go in your text body like normal. But quotations longer than three lines get a different treatment. They are single-spaced, and tabbed on one inch on both the left and right, set off so that it's easy to see from a quick scan that there's a big quote in your writing.



Notice how I bridged into the quotation. Lastly, remember not to end a paragraph or the whole paper on a quotation. Bridge out of it with your own wording.

-Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment